In the »Linux basics« course the attendees are introduced to basics of Linux operating system, followed by advanced-level training in Linux OS installation, configuration, management and other advanced operations and features. The course provides hands-on experience, including lab practices in Linux driver installation and firewall setup.
- Introduction to Linux
- Graphical User Interface, graphic user program
- Linux drivers and device support
- Network settings in Linux OS
- Typical configurations (DHCP, static IP address, ADSL, analogue modem, mobile phone, PCMCIA cards)
- Manual network configuration settings in text mode (DHCP, static IP address, ADSL, analogue modem, mobile phone, PCMCIA cards, by use of bt, irda, usb and serial interfaces)
- Internet connectivity testing and troubleshooting (traceroute, ping, host etc.)
- Advanced Linux operations
- Drivers installation
- Firewall installation and configuration
- Software developers
- Network/system administrators & operators
- Professional services & consultants
After completing the course you will be familiar with the basics of Linux operating system, its operation and configuration of network, drivers and firewall. You will gain practical skills on installing the operating system and basic tools usage.
Status: Closing date exceeded