Introduction to Linux 1
Knowledge of Linux is a helpful skill for a wide variety of careers in business and Information Technology fields. Many emerging and growing career opportunities including big data, cloud computing, cyber security, information systems, networking, programming and software development (to name a few) require basic to advanced knowledge of the Linux command line.
- system architecture
- Linux installation and package management
- GNU and UNIX commands, devices
- Linux file systems, and file system hierarchy standards
- Understand Linux as an operating system
- Explain some of the considerations for choosing an operating system
- Understand some of the basics of open source software and licensing
- Acquire basic knowledge of working with Linux
- Learn basic Linux command line skills
- Learn how to use help commands and navigate help systems when using Linux
- Students who want to learn Linux.
Status: Closing date exceeded