FCP 101: Introduction to Final Cut Pro 7
This hands-on course teaches participants to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the Final Cut Pro user interface. In this course, you will cut a scene from the TNT television series Leverage, create a promo for Seaworld’s Believe documentary, as well as master filters and effects as you edit a segment of Playing for Change, the international music-creation event.
Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro’s powerful advanced features. Learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customizing preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.
- Marking clips, using insert, overwrite and drag-and-drop editing
- Trimming edit points
- Using Ripple, Roll, and Extend edits as well as the Slip and Slide tools
- Applying filters and changing Motion properties.
- Audio editing and audio creation
- Finishing and final output
This course is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Professional editing and finishing projects from DV to HDV and multi-camera recordings
- Adding basic transitions and filters, working with tools for changing the speed and movement (speed and motion Effects)
- Edit, modify, synchronization and mixing of different audio tracks in real time
Status: Closing date exceeded